10% Happier: Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics (Version 3.5.11)
Reviewed by Marisa Moore, MBA, RDN
Synopsis of the App
10% Happier delivers guided audio meditations designed to work with a variety of different lifestyles and levels of experience with meditation.
Platform and Price
Free. Apple and Web (accessible via mobile web for Android users).
5 out of 5
- Simple app design lets you jump right in to where you want and need help
- Includes a free 7-session starter course and a number of free meditations each month.
- Choose the best fit within the adjustable length meditations available.
- New content provided monthly.
- Includes interviews with teachers on a variety of topics impacting daily life.
- Tap the “just meditate” button to jump into of-the-moment meditation guides.
- Guides are categorized as “on the go,” “state of mind,” and into “shorts.”
- Save your favorite meditations for easy recall.
- Includes a daily nudge to remind you when it’s time to meditate.
- Includes integration with Apple Health Kit to record mindful minutes to help track all meditation activity in one place on the phone.
- Access additional meditations when you upgrade to a paid account.
- Not yet available as an app on Android devices so the user experience will be different.
- Meditation quality and feel may vary with the different teachers.
From commuting to dealing with stressors of the moment, 10% Happier helps ease users into the idea and process of meditation by meeting them where they are. It’s an ideal app for anyone seeking more daily mindfulness and relaxation.