Afterlight (Version 3.1.1)
Reviewed by Marisa Moore, MBA, RDN
Synopsis of the App
Afterlight is a feature-packed image editor for iPhone and Android devices.
Platform and Price
$0.99. Apple and Android.
4 out of 5
- Sleek design and user-friendly interface.
- Opens immediately to rows of recent photo on your device.
- Includes 15 adjustment tools, over 100 filters and textures and several cropping presets and frames designed specifically for Instagram.
- Preview and add monogram cutouts and overlays, light leaked finishes for a vintage feel and lighting effects to images with ease.
- Adjust settings to activate a low light boost for taking photos in dark places like restaurants.
- Effortlessly save new files and edited content to the device’s camera roll.
- Easily adjust the final photo size to send or save as small, medium or “max.”
- Share final images to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more with a couple taps.
- Many of the tools deliver an over-filtered effect and are not particularly useful for food photography.
Though one of the top-rated apps in the app store, Afterlight provides many of the same editing tools now available in the native iPhone camera app. Nevertheless, Afterlight is ideal for photo fanatics who want easy access to image editing tools (especially special lighting effects) on the go.