Stop Motion Studio (Version 7.1.1)
Reviewed by Marisa Moore, MBA, RDN
Synopsis of the App
Stop Motion Studio calls itself the most powerful animation studio ever designed for a mobile device.
Platform and Price
Free-$4.99. Apple and Android.
5 out of 5
- Fun and easy to use from the start.
- Includes a printable step-by-step tutorial for creating the best video - from the ideal number of frames per second to how to position the camera for the best capture.
- The project home page puts a variety of recording and editing tools at your fingertips including the ability to add images and themes, as well as, audio and video clips.
- Use the grid and overlay function to keep items in frame and perfectly positioned.
- Adjust the movie speed and add special effects like fading in and out.
- Option to buy a $4.99 features pack that allows you to import images, use the mobile device as a remote camera, add movie effects, paint and colorize the movie, add a green screen, additional themes and sound effects, record in 4K ultra HD.
- Tap the user gallery to explore and be inspired by other users’ movies.
- Share video to YouTube, Facebook, Dropbox and iCloud.
- Stop Motion Studio is available on PCs and Macs in addition to the mobile app.
- Free version of the app is limited to basic functionality.
- Though the app is easy to use, creating the video may take some time and patience to produce videos with the desired continuity.
Ideal for creating fun food videos, Stop Motion Studio puts all of the tools needed for animation at your fingertips. The premium version is well worth the $4.99 investment.