Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagna for One
Photo by Jason Little
Layers of fresh zucchini coins, savory lentil-tomato sauce and melted mozzarella come together in one easy, microwave-friendly meal.
Serving size: 1 mug (310 grams)
Prep time: 6 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
- 1 small zucchini
- ½ cup (120 milliliters) jarred tomato sauce
- ½ cup cooked brown lentils
- ¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Thinly slice zucchini into ⅛-inch-thick coins. Arrange slices on a microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 90 seconds. Remove plate from microwave and pat zucchini coins dry with a clean paper towel. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce and cooked lentils. In a separate mixing bowl, combine ricotta and 2 tablespoons mozzarella. Set both aside. In a microwave-safe mug, layer zucchini coins in a circular pattern. Top with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture, spreading evenly. Top cheese mixture with 2 tablespoons lentil sauce.
- Repeat layering zucchini, cheese and sauce until mug is almost full, then top with remaining mozzarella. Cover mug with a clean paper towel and microwave on high for 90 seconds, until cheese is melted. Remove from microwave and let cool 2 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving:
CALORIES 289; TOTAL FAT 11g; SAT. FAT 6g; CHOL. 37mg; SODIUM 750mg; CARB. 13g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 5g; PROTEIN 24g; POTASSIUM 1065mg; PHOSPHORUS 455mg
Emily Cooper, RD, LD, is a Portland, Maine-based Stone Soup blogger and author of sinfulnutrition.com.