Stone Soup Vlog: Longan Chia Seed Pudding
In this monthly vlogging series, Stone Soup blogger Celestina Brunetti demonstrates recipes using ingredients featured in the most recent issue of Food & Nutrition Magazine. For April, Celestina shares with us how to make chia seed pudding using longans, a tropical, exotic tree fruit.
Longan Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ pound fresh longans, peeled with seed and pulp removed (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add almond milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and longans into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds, until sugar dissolves. You can also heat these ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat until simmering.
- Add chia seeds and stir.
- Portion into small serving dishes and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes or until set.
Celestina Brunetti, RDN, LD, is a chef and nutritionist. She has worked with the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension developing culinary demonstration videos for its Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program, as well as written curriculum for disease-specific culinary nutrition classes for the Las Vegas community. You can view more of her videos here. Connect with Celestina on her website and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.