Stone Soup Vlog: Scallop Ceviche
In this monthly vlogging series, Stone Soup blogger Celestina Brunetti demonstrates recipes using ingredients featured in the most recent issue of Food & Nutrition magazine. For January, Celestina shares with us how to make Scallop Ceviche using Japanese rice vinegar.
- 1 cup Japanese rice vinegar (Komezu)
- 2 teaspoons finely diced poblano pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh, sushi-grade scallops, thinly sliced crosswise into rounds
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup seeded, thinly sliced cucumber
- Combine rice vinegar, diced poblano and salt in a glass bowl.
- Add scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator. Add green onion, sesame seeds and cucumber. Gently stir to mix.
Celestina Brunetti, RDN, LD, is a chef and nutritionist. She has worked with the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension developing culinary demonstration videos for its Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program, as well as written curriculum for disease-specific culinary nutrition classes for the Las Vegas community. You can view more of her videos here. Connect with Celestina on her website and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.