Stone Soup Vlog: Mahi Mahi en Papillote with Mango Salsa
In this monthly vlogging series, Stone Soup blogger Celestina Brunetti demonstrates recipes using ingredients featured in the most recent issue of Food & Nutrition Magazine. For June, Celestina shares with us how to make mahi mahi en papillote with mango salsa.
Mahi Mahi en Papillote with Mango Salsa
- 1¾-inch thick mahi mahi filet
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ⅓ cup sliced mango
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- 1 lime wedge, reserve for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut parchment paper into a heart shape, leaving at least 1 inch of space around where you will place the filet, and fold in half lengthwise.
- Open the parchment and place filet on one side of the heart shape.
- Season filet with salt, lime zest, mango, shallot, lime juice and black pepper.
- Close the parchment with the edges meeting and begin folding, sealing from the round end to the pointed end.
- Place the pouch on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until flesh is opaque and flaky.
- Remove from oven and, using a spatula, place pouch on plate. Cut parchment and fold back edges.
- Top with fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedge. Serve immediately.
Celestina Brunetti, RDN, LD, is a chef and nutritionist. She has worked with the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension developing culinary demonstration videos for its Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program, as well as written curriculum for disease-specific culinary nutrition classes for the Las Vegas community. You can view more of her videos here. Connect with Celestina on her website and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.