Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with "Shamrock Shake"-Inspired Breakfast Pudding
With St. Patrick's Day approaching, it's time to think green! To be honest, I don't think I've ever even had a Shamrock Shake. (If I did, it would have been at least a decade ago.) But, even with fast food's updated approach to healthier food choices, I'm going take a shot in the dark and guess they haven't started whipping up their classic minty St. Patty's Day treat with spinach, almond milk and chia seeds. That's where this make-ahead breakfast recipe comes in.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ teaspoon pure mint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into two mason jars or containers with lids. Store in the refrigerator overnight. Serves 2.
(Photo: Emily Cooper, RD, LD)